The Vale Resort is currently looking for childcare assistants to work within the nursery and out of school club working with children aged from 3 months - 15 years.
Friendly and approachable, you will have the ability to stay calm whatever the situation and not be afraid to get your hands dirty, especially during arts and crafts sessions.
Some of your responsibilities will include
- Ensure the children are cared for in a happy, secure and stimulating environment
- Have knowledge and confidence in keeping the children safe and implementing our safeguarding procedures appropriately.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures set out by the nursery.
You will need to have the following qualifications/ training/experience:
- Qualified to NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent
- Have experience of working with children
- Be passionate about working with children of all ages
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative, share ideas and be innovative.
The Vale Resort is committed to ensuring everyone in our organisation is responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. If you wish to apply you must possess a current DBS check. A first aid qualification, child protection qualification, basic food hygiene certificate and a play worker qualification would be an advantage but is not essential.
The position will include working weekends and evenings and also assisting in the kids camp during school holidays. Hours will range from 8am – 7.30pm Monday – Friday & 9am – 1pm on weekends and bank holidays.
Accommodation is NOT provided and in line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act of 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documentary evidence will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
To apply forward a copy of your CV, with a covering letter stating why you are the right person for this position to the:
The Vale Resort,
Vale of Glamorgan