Full Member Update
In the light of the recent Welsh Government and Wales Golf announcements we are delighted to confirm that the Lake Course will be open to members from Saturday 23rd May. Members will be able to play in a format of singles or pairs from the same household and for the time being all tee times must be booked in advance using our online booking system which can be accessed via the BRS GOLF app or by visiting the website.
Online booking will be available from 6am on Wednesday 20th May and members will be able to book up to 6 days in advance. To ensure that all members have the opportunity to play please book only one tee time per week in the first two weeks after which we will review our policy.
If you have not yet registered for online tee bookings please click the link above or access the BRS GOLF app and sign up to the service. Your registration will be approved within 24 hours. If you have any further queries please email Noel Werner at [email protected] and your query will be dealt with as quickly as possible. Please also note that we will not be operating a telephone service at this time.
As you would expect, we have had to make some changes to the way in which we operate in order to protect our members and the Vale team. We would ask that you read the following details carefully and adhere to these steps to help us do all we can to ensure the Club environment remains safe:-
In advance of play:
- If you or a member of your household are ill, or are displaying Covid-19 symptoms, please stay at home and do not visit the Vale Resort.
- Government guidelines apply, please familiarise yourselves with the most up to date advice, including travel restrictions, and ensure you comply with it. https://gov.wales/leaving-home-exercise-guidance
- Travel to the golf course on your own or with members of your own household with whom you are playing golf only.
- The Vale Resort and its grounds, other than the golf course, remains closed.
- Tee time bookings can be booked online from 6 am on Wednesday 20th May. Only members with a pre-booked tee time should travel to the golf club.
- A single tee time booking can be made no more than six days in advance.
- Wash your hands and golf equipment before leaving home.
- Until further notice parking will be in the main hotel car park so that golfers can observe social distancing by using every other parking space.
- All golfers should arrive dressed for golf and to change shoes in the car park.
- Access to the locker rooms will only be granted for the purpose of retrieving shoes, clubs, and trolleys. These items must be taken away after playing.
- All golfers are advised to carry their own hand sanitiser with them and ensure they use it regularly. Sanitiser will be available to purchase from the Pro shop if needed.
- Players should arrive at the club no earlier than 15 mins before their tee off time.
- Players are to register in the Pro Shop no more than 10 mins before their tee time. A maximum of 2 people are allowed in the Pro Shop at any time. A one-way system has been set up and there are social distancing reminders in place. Purchases can be made but we ask that to limit contact, payment is made by card only (no cash or membership cards).
- The starting point is from the 1st tee only and with 10 minutes intervals from 8am – 5pm.
- Buggies will be available and restricted to 1 person per buggy or 2 people from the same household.
- A sanitising station is in place to allow you to clean your buggy before use. We recommend that you pay particular attention to commonly used areas such as seats, the steering wheel, bag store and the controls.
- The National Course, Driving Range, Practice Area, Chipping & Putting Greens will remain closed along with the Clubhouse and wider Vale Resort.
- Please note that visiting the Golf Club at the Vale Resort and use of the course is at your own risk.
- There will be marshalling on the course and you are asked to listen and act on any instruction given.
- Social distancing must always be adhered to in accordance with the advice given by Welsh Government and Wales Golf.
- Players should arrive at the 1st tee no earlier than five minutes before their tee time.
- Player must stick to the course layout.
- Do not enter the next tee until it has been vacated by the individual or group in front of you.
- Players must maintain their position in relation to those playing in front at all times.
- Please do not look for lost balls as you might pick up one belonging to another player.
- All bunkers rakes have been removed and players are instead able to lift and place in the bunker.
- The holes have been turned upside down to prevent balls needing to be retrieved from within the hole. Please leave the flag in the hole at all times. It is recommended that the ball is holed with the next shot if it is within 12 inches of the hole.
- To avoid unnecessary contact, the flag must always be left in the hole.
- All ball washers and any other course furniture including the bell on 14th must not be used. Please therefore ensure that the 14th green is clear before playing your approach shot.
- The shoe cleaner is out of use.
- Do not shake hands with those playing with you.
- Players are asked to leave the club immediately following play to avoid gatherings.
- The Clubhouse is closed although some snacks can be purchased from the Pro Shop.
- Toilets in the locker rooms may be used but this is not recommended.
- Maximum of two members in the pro shop at a time and payment by credit card only (no cash or members cards). Members are asked to leave the shop promptly to prevent any delays.
- No access to vending machines.
- Hand sanitiser will be available from the pro shop.
- Monthly subscriptions will resume as normal from 1st June and any members who have paid annually will receive a credit against next year’s payment for the period of closure. Any subscription queries should be directed to [email protected].
Wales Golf have provided the advice we are following to enable us to reopen. It is our intention to continue to operate under these conditions until advised otherwise by our governing bodies. Please note that should we fail to follow these new practices, the Club may be required to close once again.
We are monitoring the Welsh Government advice as it evolves and inevitably there will be changes to this which might impact on these guidelines. Please visit the Course Status page on our website before each visit and re-read the guidance to be aware of any changes.
Our number one priority is the health and welfare of our members and team and it is imperative that all individuals follow the Government guidance on ‘Social Distancing’ and ‘Self Isolation’ at all times. If you have any concerns about our operational practices or suggested improvements, please make one of the Pro Shop team aware during your visit.
Please note that should any member deliberately fail to adhere to the steps outlined, they will face immediate suspension from the Club and will be subject to a disciplinary hearing.
Thank you for your continued co-operation during these unusual times.
Managing Director - Vale Resort