Working as part of the Kitchen team, you will ensure that consistently high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times within the kitchen areas to the satisfaction and safety of the guests, the Health Department , the Company and it’s Personnel and all work carried out is done so in a safe and careful manner.
Your duties will include:
• To ensure that food is always prepared and cooked to the highest standards as documented in the Departmental Quality Standards manual.
• To ensure that food wastage is kept to a minimum.
• Ensure the working environment is clean, safe and today at all times and ensure cleaning schedules are adhered to.
• To supervise in training to develop all kitchen staff in prep cooking and cleaning as laid down in specifications.
• To follow open/closing and production check lists as required.
• To follow all menu specifications without exception.
• To ensure all food is stored correctly and is labelled.
• To report any food complaints to the Head Chef.
• To work on a particular area as requested.
• To be responsible for day to day running of your area.
• Notify any foodstuff shortages so that they can be ordered in advance.
• Maintain a high level of presentation of food on menus.
• To notify any faulty equipment that could become a hazard.
• To delegate duties to the staff and supervise their work.
• To be responsible for the kitchen and its staff in the absence of the sous chef and the head chef.
• To have a significant input into all menu compilations, to ensure an up to date knowledge of cookery techniques.
• Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
• Ensure that cleaning schedules are adhered to, ensuring all areas are inspected on a regular basis.
• Follow the Haccp file and food management system in place.
• Have the relevant food hygiene qualifications
• Ensure that accidents are reported correctly against current legislation.
• Ensure that you wear your staff uniform or personal protective equipment at all times and that personal hygiene standards and cleanliness are adhered to.
• Feedback any H&S issues to your line manager ensuring any issues are highlighted and resolved in a timely manner.
• Be aware of the Company health & safety practices
• Be aware of the company fire evacuation procedures.
Accommodation is NOT provided and in line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act of 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documentary evidence will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Salary depending on experience
To apply forward a copy of your CV, with a covering letter stating why you are the right person for this position to [email protected]