- Golf Course Guidance to Golfers
GOLF CLUB GUIDANCE
6 August 2021
In advance of play:
- If you or a member of your household are ill, or are displaying Covid-19 symptoms, please stay at home and do not visit the Vale Resort.
- Government guidelines apply, please familiarise yourselves with the most up to date advice and ensure you comply here.
- Adults and children over 12 must continue to wear face-coverings in indoor public places, with the exception of hospitality settings such as the clubhouse.
- 3 and 4 ball golf from multiple households will be permitted from Saturday 24th April.
- Wash your hands and golf equipment before leaving home.
- Tee time bookings must be booked online. Only golfers with a pre-booked tee time should travel to the golf club.
- A members tee time booking can be made up to 7 days in advance from 10pm on the Lake course.
- A visitor tee time can be made online here.
- Where possible the use of changing rooms should be avoided.
- Member lockers will be permitted from Monday 17th May.
- All golfers are advised to carry their own hand sanitiser with them and ensure they use it regularly. Sanitiser will be available to purchase from the Pro shop if needed.
- The driving range, practice putting greens and short game area are open.
- Golfers must register their arrival in the pro shop before proceeding to thee 1st tee.
- The starting point is from the 1st tee with 10 minutes tee time intervals.
- Please note that visiting the Golf Club at the Vale Resort and use of the course is at your own risk.
- Winter tee's in use.
- There will be marshalling on the course and you are asked to listen and act on any instruction given.
- Social Distancing regulations no longer give particular prominence to 2-metre physical distancing.
- Players should arrive at the 1st tee no earlier than 5 minutes before their tee time.
- Player must stick to the course layout.
- Please do not look for lost balls and avoid slow play.
- There is no longer be a requirement to leave the flagstick in the hole at all times.
- Touching items such as flagsticks and rakes can increase the risk of transmitting the virus therefore, golfers are reminded to bring their own hand sanitiser.
- Before touching on course items, any gloves should be removed and hands should be sanitised. After touching an on-course item, hands should be sanitised again.
- Golfers should NOT touch on course items without sanitising their hands.
- If golfers do not what to touch the rakes remind golfers to make their very best efforts to smooth the sand using their club and/or their feet.
- Do not shake hands with those playing with you.
- Pro shop open from Monday 12 April.
- Formal social distancing rules will end on 7 August, but face masks will still need to be worn in public places, including the pro shop.
- Shoppers are asked to sanitise their hands upon entry and are allowed to touch only items they intend to purchase.
- It is compulsory for people over 11 to wear a face covering in the pro shop. There will be exemptions for people who cannot wear face coverings for health or medical reasons, similar to those for public transport.
- A maximum of 4 people are allowed in the Pro Shop at any time.
- For your safety trying on clothing and testing goods ahead of purchase will not be permitted.
- To limit contact, payment by card is preferred. Membership cards and cash will be accepted.
- Normal bar service has been resumed, therefore you are no longer required to be sat at a table to order.
- From 7 August unlimited number of people may meet indoors.
- Due to limitations clubhouse service may be temporarily delayed.
- Operating Hours: 08:00 - 18:00 Monday - Sunday
- Payment: To reduce staff contact, we kindly ask customers to pay by card where possible.
- Capacity: This Bar has a capacity of 80 persons. Guests may be asked to wait outside until space becomes available.
“I have NOT HAD in the last 10 days any of the following Covid-19 symptoms: A continuous high temperature; A loss of taste or smell; A new continuous cough. I also confirm that I have not to the best of my knowledge, had contact with anyone else who has had these symptoms or tested positive for Covid-19.
“I also confirm that I nor any other person in my household or extended household have NOT been told to self-isolate and are not currently subject to Covid-19 quarantine after travel or illness. I also confirm that I have not travelled into or away from an area that is currently subject to any form of local coronavirus restriction or lockdown.”
To practice safely on the driving range the following rules will apply in addition to our standard rules:
- Please do not visit the driving range if you or anyone in your household have any Covid19 symptoms or you are self-isolating.
- Maintain two metre social distancing and wear face masks until practise begins.
- Contactless payment: Ticket or token from pro shop
- Preloaded payment card: Existing members can use their range card as usual to purchase balls.
- Purchase a range card: All range users can purchase a driving range card and make savings on range ball purchases.
- All contact surfaces are regularly disinfected. There is disinfectant and disposable paper towel at the ball machine.
At the dispenser you will find:
- Sanitisation station for baskets and to use when presenting your bar code to the ball dispenser
- Disinfectant for you to use on the bucket handles and on the dispenser buttons
- Whilst the dispenser will be cleaned regularly we offer this range of additional protection which we recommend that you use.
- The range balls are washed every time they are used. The bays are 2m apart and should only be used by individuals or members of the same household.
- For safety purposes we request no one attends the range as a spectator.
- When you visit please go directly to the driving range to practice.
- Once you have dispensed balls please go directly to the bay of your choice.
- Please stay in your bay until you have finished and then leave. Bays are wide enough to ensure social distancing is maintained.
- To ensure social distancing we recommend that you wait in your bay if another user is on the walkway.
- It is important not to congregate and to maintain social distancing at all times and to leave directly after you have finished.
- Please return your basket to the collection point.
Where any conflict is deemed to exist, these rules take precedence.