- Golf Course Guidance to Golfers
GOLF CLUB GUIDANCE
15 July 2021
In advance of play:
- If you or a member of your household are ill, or are displaying Covid-19 symptoms, please stay at home and do not visit the Vale Resort.
- Government guidelines apply, please familiarise yourselves with the most up to date advice and ensure you comply here.
- Maintain two metre social distancing and wear face masks in enclosed public places around the golf club and facility.
- Travel to the golf course on your own or with members of your own household with whom you are playing golf only.
- 3 and 4 ball golf from multiple households will be permitted from Saturday 24th April.
- Wash your hands and golf equipment before leaving home.
- Tee time bookings must be booked online. Only golfers with a pre-booked tee time should travel to the golf club.
- A members tee time booking can be made up to 7 days in advance from 10pm on the Lake course.
- A visitor tee time can be made online for the Wales National Course here.
- Where possible the use of changing rooms should be avoided.
- Member lockers will be permitted from Monday 17th May.
- All golfers are advised to carry their own hand sanitiser with them and ensure they use it regularly. Sanitiser will be available to purchase from the Pro shop if needed.
- The driving range is open. The Practice Area will remain closed until further advise.
- 1 Player to register in the Pro Shop no more than 10 mins before their tee time. A maximum of 4 people are allowed in the Pro Shop at any time.
- The starting point is from the 1st tee with 10 minutes tee time intervals.
- Please note that visiting the Golf Club at the Vale Resort and use of the course is at your own risk.
- There will be marshalling on the course and you are asked to listen and act on any instruction given.
- Social distancing must always be adhered to in accordance with the advice given by Welsh Government and Wales Golf.
- From Saturday 17th July Social Distancing regulations will no longer give particular prominence to 2-metre physical distancing outdoors.
- Players should arrive at the 1st tee no earlier than 5 minutes before their tee time.
- Player must stick to the course layout.
- Please do not look for lost balls and avoid slow play.
- There is no longer be a requirement to leave the flagstick in the hole at all times.
- Touching items such as flagsticks and rakes can increase the risk of transmitting the virus therefore, golfers are reminded to bring their own hand sanitiser.
- Before touching on course items, any gloves should be removed and hands should be sanitised. After touching an on-course item, hands should be sanitised again.
- Golfers should NOT touch on course items without sanitising their hands.
- Do not shake hands with those playing with you.
- The club has a number of buggies available for hire and they can be booked, in advance, by telephoning the pro shop on 01443-665899.
- All operators of Golf Buggies must sign a Golf Buggy disclaimer before they are allowed to use the buggy.
- Any person who operates a ride-on buggy on the golf course is deemed by so doing, to have the knowledge, training and skill to safely operate this vehicle and be fully accountable for their actions and the consequences thereof.
- Any booking is subject to restrictions that may be imposed owing to the condition of the course.
- No guarantee can be given that a buggy will be available unless it has been pre-booked.
- To reduce the risk of contamination driver and passenger should remain in the same place throughout the round of golf.
- Golfers should minimise the time people spend on the buggy in close proximity where possible.
- A sanitising station is in place to allow you to clean your buggy before use. We recommend that you pay particular attention to commonly used areas such as seats, the steering wheel, bag store and the controls.
- In exceptional weather conditions, the Head Greenkeeper or the Golf manager may determine that unrestricted use of Buggies will, or is likely to, cause significant damage to the course. In these circumstances, buggy restrictions will apply. Buggies will then be permitted, but only to those people who have a disability as defined under the Disability Discrimination Act. Such persons must have lodged with the pro shop a Medical Certificate signed by a registered General Practitioner confirming that they are unable to play a full round of golf without the use of a buggy.
- A Golf Buggy shall only be used for the number of occupants it was designed to carry and only by people who are authorised to use one
- Always remain seated and hold on while the vehicle is in motion. Hands, feet and head must be kept inside the Golf Buggy at all times while the vehicle is in motion
- Golf Buggies must not be driven in prohibited areas
- The vehicle must be used to progress the game and must not be driven up and down excessively, e.g., when looking for golf balls
- The vehicle must not be used on tees, greens or the slopes and areas leading up to them.
- The vehicle must not be used within 2 metres of any bunkers, ditches or ponds or slopes leading to them except when using the designated bridges.
- The vehicle must not be driven into any deep rough on the course.
- Check the area behind the vehicle before reversing.
- Set the parking brake before leaving the vehicle.
- Always consider the terrain, existing vehicular and pedestrian traffic conditions as well as environmental factors that may affect your ability to operate the vehicle safely.
- Drive the vehicle only as fast as the terrain and safety considerations allow.
- To avoid tipping over, drive the buggy straight up and down severe slopes.
- Slow down before corners. All turns must be executed at reduced speeds.
- Avoid sudden stops or changes of direction that may result in loss of control
- Be extra careful when the course is wet and muddy AFTER USE When the vehicle is left unattended, turn the operating key to the off position, remove the key and engage the parking brake.
- Pro shop open from Monday 12 April.
- Shoppers are asked to sanitise their hands upon entry and are allowed to touch only items they intend to purchase.
- It is compulsory for people over 11 to wear a face covering in the pro shop. There will be exemptions for people who cannot wear face coverings for health or medical reasons, similar to those for public transport.
- A maximum of 4 people are allowed in the Pro Shop at any time.
- Social distancing reminders in place.
- For your safety trying on clothing and testing goods ahead of purchase will not be permitted.
- To limit contact, payment by card is preferred. Membership cards and cash will be accepted.
- From 17 May indoor hospitality can re-open, 6 people from up to 6 households (not including children under 11) can meet indoors.
- Table Service: We are operating a table service policy, please wait to be seated at your table.
- Due to limitations clubhouse service may be temporarily delayed.
- Operating Hours: We are currently operating from 08.00 hours until 21.00 hours, with last orders at 20.40 hours. Food Served 11am-6pm daily. Customers are required to vacate the premises no later than 21.30 hours.
- Keep Apart: To accommodate safe social distancing, a maximum of 6 guests may be seated at our tables in the clubhouse. We kindly ask that guests do not move tables and chairs from their set positions. If you wish to sit in a group of 6, a member of staff will move the table prior to you being seated. (subject to table availability)
- Face Masks: Face masks must be worn when not sat at your table, including, when getting up to use the toilet facilities.
- Contact Tracing: Every guest will be asked to provide their name and contact details to support the test, trace, protect service in Wales. You may be asked to verify your name; methods of verification include driver’s licence and bank cards.
- Reduce Traffic: Please follow the floor markings and adhere to safe social distancing practices keeping left throughout the area.
- Payment: To reduce staff contact, we kindly ask customers to pay by card where possible.
- Capacity: This Bar has a capacity of 80 persons. Guests may be asked to wait outside until space becomes available.
- Eat Safe: Only sit on sanitised tables as indicated by the ‘eat safe’ signage. When you vacate your table, please turn this signage over to show that the table has been used for the safety of staff and other guests.
“I have NOT HAD in the last 10 days any of the following Covid-19 symptoms: A continuous high temperature; A loss of taste or smell; A new continuous cough. I also confirm that I have not to the best of my knowledge, had contact with anyone else who has had these symptoms or tested positive for Covid-19.
“I also confirm that I nor any other person in my household or extended household have NOT been told to self-isolate and are not currently subject to Covid-19 quarantine after travel or illness. I also confirm that I have not travelled into or away from an area that is currently subject to any form of local coronavirus restriction or lockdown.”
To practice safely on the driving range the following rules will apply in addition to our standard rules:
- Please do not visit the driving range if you or anyone in your household have any Covid19 symptoms or you are self-isolating.
- Maintain two metre social distancing and wear face masks until practise begins.
- Contactless payment: Ticket or token from pro shop
- Preloaded payment card: Existing members can use their range card as usual to purchase balls.
- Purchase a range card: All range users can purchase a driving range card and make savings on range ball purchases.
- All contact surfaces are regularly disinfected. There is disinfectant and disposable paper towel at the ball machine.
At the dispenser you will find:
- Sanitisation station for baskets and to use when presenting your bar code to the ball dispenser
- Disinfectant for you to use on the bucket handles and on the dispenser buttons
- Whilst the dispenser will be cleaned regularly we offer this range of additional protection which we recommend that you use.
- The range balls are washed every time they are used. The bays are 2m apart and should only be used by individuals or members of the same household.
- For safety purposes we request no one attends the range as a spectator.
- When you visit please go directly to the driving range to practice.
- Once you have dispensed balls please go directly to the bay of your choice.
- Please stay in your bay until you have finished and then leave. Bays are wide enough to ensure social distancing is maintained.
- To ensure social distancing we recommend that you wait in your bay if another user is on the walkway.
- It is important not to congregate and to maintain social distancing at all times and to leave directly after you have finished.
- Please return your basket to the collection point.
Where any conflict is deemed to exist, these rules take precedence.